Faversham town centre sex attack inquiry

Detectives investigating reports of a serious sexual assault in Faversham say no attack took place.

Part of the town centre was cordoned off after reports of an assault against a woman in her 20s in Preston Street.

The incident was alleged to have taken place late on Saturday.

Kent Police later tweeted: "Following an investigation into a report of a serious sexual assault in Faversham, it has been established that no assault took place."

Officers said the cordon in Preston Street had been taken down.

A spokesman for the force said there had been a full investigation and it had been established that no crime had occurred.

He said there would be no further action by police.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Kent

Weather

Canterbury

Min. Night 9 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.