Kent

Dartford dog starts fire by turning on hob

A Rottweiler started a fire in a house by turning on a cooker hob which had a pile of laundry sitting on it.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the dog set fire to a load of laundry left on the hob while the the homeowner went to collect her daughter from nursery.

She returned to the house in Willow Road, Dartford at 12:12 GMT to find smoke coming from the property.

The woman rescued the dog but had to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Ambulance crews took her to hospital for precautionary checks.

The fire destroyed part of the kitchen and caused smoke damage throughout the house.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites