Kent

Chatham man rescued from flat fire

A man in his 30s has been rescued from a fire at a property in north Kent.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to a blaze at Steddys Court, Bryant Road, Chatham at about 00:10 GMT on Saturday.

Firefighters rescued the man from a "heavily smoke-logged flat" and passed him to waiting paramedics for treatment for smoke inhalation.

The fire is believed to have been caused by cooking that was left unattended.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites