Droitwich house fire sees five families evacuated
- 7 July 2014
- From the section Hereford & Worcester
Five families had to be evacuated from their homes because of a house fire in Worcestershire.
The blaze in St Richards Gardens, Droitwich, began shortly after 01:00 BST. Police said the cause may have been sparks from welding hours earlier.
Officers and Wychavon District Council found two families emergency accommodation overnight.
Insp Tanya Beckett said the evacuations were needed to ensure the fire had not spread to the other terraced houses.
The road was closed while fire crews tackled the flames.