Hereford & Worcester

Bathgate Flooring factory blaze started 'accidentally'

Fire on Rotherwas Industrial Estate
Image caption The fire broke out at Bathgate Flooring at about 08:00 BST on Wednesday

A fire at flooring factory in Hereford was caused by an electrical fault, the fire service has said.

The blaze at Bathgate Flooring on the Rotherwas Industrial estate broke out about 08:00 BST, last Wednesday.

At its height 10 crews, along with other units, tackled the fire and homes were evacuated in the area.

Hereford and Worcester Fire Service said an investigation found it had started accidentally, probably due to an electrical fault.

Firefighters finally left the scene on Monday after continuing to damp down over the weekend.

The warehouse was severely damaged in the fire, which mainly involved chipboard.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites