Butane inhalation boy Luke Simpkins out of intensive care

Related Stories

A 15-year-old-boy from Hereford, who was critically ill in hospital after inhaling butane gas, has been moved out of intensive care.

Luke Simpkins was taken to hospital on Saturday evening after paramedics were called to a flat in Dartmouth Court.

Hereford County Hospital said he had been moved to the Children's Ward.

Pupils at Aylestone Business and Enterprise College, where Luke is a student, released lanterns on Tuesday to show they were thinking about him.

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Hereford & Worcester

Weather

Worcester

Min. Night 14 °C

Features

  • June plays with a pelicanDad's menagerie

    An extraordinary childhood growing up in a zoo


  • US soldier, part of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), manning a machine gun onboard a Chinook helicopter over the Gardez district of Paktia province on 11 August 2014Viewpoint

    Nato's role in making the Afghan army sustainable


  • Architect's drawing of bedroomDeep dreams

    The homes where you can live under the sea


  • A snailHard to stomach?

    The IT worker who quit his job to farm snails for restaurants


  • An assortment of secret menu itemsMcSecret

    The fast food items you've never heard of


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.