School support for Luke Simpkins who inhaled butane

Related Stories

A minute's silence has been held by pupils at the school of a 15-year-old boy from Hereford who is seriously ill in hospital after inhaling butane gas.

Luke Simpkins, a pupil at Aylestone Business and Enterprise College, was taken to hospital on Saturday night after paramedics were called to a flat.

A second boy who was also taken to hospital has since been discharged.

Friends of Luke are expected to release balloons and Chinese lanterns later to show they are thinking about him.

'Very concerned'

Butane gas is commonly found in cigarette lighter refills or aerosol sprays.

The school's head teacher Sue Woodrow said everyone was "very concerned for Luke's health".

She said all their pupils received drug guidance sessions.

She added: "We have talked to our students about Luke's current condition and are in close contact with his family.

"Our focus at the moment is on supporting Luke's family and doing all we can to help them through this incredibly upsetting and difficult time."

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Hereford & Worcester

Weather

Worcester

Min. Night 15 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.