Media playback is unsupported on your device

Buckholme Towers School reopens after blaze

3 September 2013 Last updated at 18:11 BST

A Dorset school that was badly damaged by fire has been officially re-opened following repairs.

The upper floors of Buckholme Towers independent preparatory school in Lower Parkstone, Poole, were destroyed in the blaze in March.

No-one was injured in the fire which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The refurbished building includes improved IT, art and science facilities.

A local church was used as a temporary building to allow continued teaching of the school's three-year-old to 12 year-old pupils while repairs were carried out.

Caroline Richardson reports.

Most watched

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.