Portsmouth 'rogue' heroin claims sixth victim
A suspected contaminated batch of heroin in the Portsmouth area has been blamed for a sixth person falling ill.
The woman was hospitalised on Friday after using the drug. She was discovered by a member of the public who called an ambulance.
Two men aged 33 and 36 have died and three others have been taken ill since Tuesday.
Detectives are making inquiries into the suspected link between all the people and the same batch of heroin.
Police said she may have died if she had not been treated.
The 33-year-old man from Fareham, who had been in a critical condition in hospital, died on Thursday.
On Wednesday a 36-year-old man who had been taken ill at an address in Paulsgrove also died.
Two men aged 32 and 48 have been arrested on suspicion of supplying a class-A drugs, a police spokesman said on Friday.