Gloucestershire villagers buy Tyndale Monument land
Residents have raised the funds needed to protect access to a monument above their Gloucestershire village.
The villagers raised £45,000 to buy the 14 acres surrounding the Tyndale Monument in North Nibley that were for sale.
They had feared that a new owner could change conditions and deny access to the public.
The 111ft (34m) tower was built in 1866 in memory of New Testament translator William Tyndale.
The land is now owned by a village trust.