Poole Parkstone Road flats evacuated after 'e-cigarette fire'

Fire damage to the flat at Parkstone Road The fire is believed to have been caused by the charging of an electronic cigarette, the fire service said

About 30 people were evacuated from flats in Poole due to a fire which is thought to have been caused by the charging of an electronic cigarette.

It took more than 40 firefighters to tackle the blaze which started at about 09:30 GMT on the ninth floor of the Parkstone Road flats.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said no injuries had been reported.

It has issued a warning to e-cigarette users which includes not leaving them unattended while they are charging.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Dorset

Weather

Bournemouth

Min. Night 16 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.