Baby and girl in Christchurch flats fire rescue
- 23 December 2013
- From the section Dorset
A baby and a girl were been rescued from a second-floor window after a fire broke out in a block of flats.
Fire crews used a ladder to reach the seven-year-old girl and baby, aged about five months old.
The blaze started in a communal hallway on the second floor of the flats in Dorset Road, Christchurch, Dorset, on Sunday evening.
A man was led to safety by firefighters. Police said the blaze was being treated as "unexplained".
A joint investigation between the force and Dorset fire service is ongoing.