Dorset

Sherborne house fire blamed on range cooker flue

  • 17 November 2013
  • From the section Dorset

A faulty flue from a range cooker is thought to be responsible for a large house fire in Dorset.

More than 30 firefighters from five stations tackled the blaze in the roof of the property in Longburton, Sherborne, on Saturday afternoon.

No-one was hurt but the fire caused severe damage to two bedrooms and the kitchen, while the rest of the house was smoke damaged.

Crews remained at the scene for five hours.

Dorset Fire and Rescue said an investigation indicated a faulty oven flue was the cause of the blaze.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites