Dorset

Cooking caused fatal Poole house fire

  • 30 August 2013
  • From the section Dorset

A fire at a house in Dorset in which a man died was caused by cooking, an investigation has found.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of the semi-detached home in Beamish Road, Canford Heath, on Tuesday afternoon.

The man in his 60s was rescued by firefighters and taken by ambulance to Poole Hospital but later died.

Fire investigation officer Clem Stanley said there were no working smoke alarms which had "tragic consequences".

A collection of snakes also rescued from the house were passed on to the RSPCA.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites