Dorset

Poole man suffers "significant" burns in house fire

A man has suffered "significant" burns in a blaze at his Poole home.

Fire crews treated the victim at the scene after being called to the property in Pound Close, shortly after 02:00 BST.

The man was later taken to hospital by ambulance for treatment to significant burns affecting about a third of his body.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze broke out in the living room. It is not yet known how the fire started.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites