Saved 'drunk sets light to kitchen drawer to keep warm'
- 1 March 2013
- From the section Dorset
A "drunk" man had to be rescued from a caravan when he set light to a kitchen drawer in a bid to keep warm, Dorset fire service said.
The caravan's owner, who was not in the vehicle, saw the blaze and rang police at about 06:35 GMT.
Crews arrived at the scene at the rear of Ensbury Park pub in Bournemouth and helped the man to safety.
The cause is being treated as deliberate and police are investigating how the man came to be in the caravan.