Dorset

Cat killed in Weymouth house fire after washing on hob catches alight

  • 17 December 2012
  • From the section Dorset

A cat has died in a house fire after a cooker was accidentally turned on by an ironing board which was left leaning up against it.

A washing basket left on a hob caught alight at the home in Hillcrest Road, Weymouth, Dorset, on Sunday afternoon.

The fire had extinguished itself by the time firefighters arrived but crews later found the dead cat.

A spokeswoman warned people not to put items on top of cookers.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites