Dorset

Powerstock Primary School near Bridport wrecked by fire

Powerstock Primary School in Dorset
Image caption The main hall was destroyed in the blaze

A Dorset school's main hall has been destroyed in a fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Emergency crews were called to Powerstock Primary School near Bridport shortly before 06:30 BST where the Victorian main building was alight.

The school hall has been completely destroyed. The fire is believed to have started in an IT suite.

Powerstock School, which has about 50 pupils aged four to 11, is currently closed for half-term.

Crews remained at the scene into the evening.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites