Brixham ex-holiday park fire: Five teenagers arrested
Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with a suspected arson attack at a former Devon holiday park.
Thick smoke was seen for some distance during the blaze at the Wall Park Road site in Brixham on Thursday.
Devon and Cornwall Police said a 15-year-old boy, two 16-year-old boys, a 16-year-old girl and an 18-year-old man had been questioned.
All five have been bailed until August pending further inquiries, officers added.
Brixham fire arrests
- 18-year-old man - suspicion of arson
- 16-year-old girl - suspicion of arson and criminal damage to property
- 16-year-old boy - suspicion of arson and criminal damage to property
- 16-year-old boy - suspicion of causing criminal damage to property
- 15-year-old boy - suspicion of arson
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze started in the swimming pool building and then spread to the clubhouse.
At its height, the emergency services warned residents to stay in their homes because of the smoke.
The fire service, which received dozens of calls from members of the public, added it was working with Devon and Cornwall Police to investigate the blaze.
Wall Park Road was closed for almost five hours in both directions between Victoria Road and Higher Ranscombe Road.
No-one is thought to have been injured.