Kitchen fire causes flats evacuation in Plymouth

Seventeen people have been evacuated from a block of flats in Plymouth after a fire broke out in a kitchen.

Two fire crews were called to the six-storey building in Constantine Street at about 20:00 GMT on Saturday and dealt with the blaze in a second floor flat.

One person was rescued by the firefighters and given first aid by an ambulance crew at the scene.

The cause was believed to be accidental, the fire service said.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Devon

Weather

Plymouth

12 °C 9 °C

Features

  • The OfficeIn pictures

    Fifty landmark shows from 50 years of BBC Two


  • French luxury Tea House, Mariage Freres display of tea pots Tea for tu

    France falls back in love with tea - but don't expect a British cuppa


  • Worcestershire flagFlying the flag

    Preserving the identities of England's counties


  • Female model's bottom in leopard skin trousers as she walks up the catwalkBum deal

    Why budget buttock ops can be bad for your health


  • Two women in  JohanesburgYour pictures

    Readers' photos on the theme of South Africa


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.