Asbestos found in Torbay roof fire

An elderly couple have been treated for shock after a roof fire at their bungalow in Torbay involving asbestos.

About a quarter of the roof and a section of the roof space were damaged after the fire broke in Primley Park, Paignton, at about 17:00 BST on Sunday.

The Environment Agency was called because of roof slates which were thought to contain a low-hazard form of asbestos, the fire service said.

The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental, it added.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Devon

Weather

Plymouth

Min. Night 5 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.