Devon

Asbestos found in Torbay roof fire

  • 6 May 2013
  • From the section Devon

An elderly couple have been treated for shock after a roof fire at their bungalow in Torbay involving asbestos.

About a quarter of the roof and a section of the roof space were damaged after the fire broke in Primley Park, Paignton, at about 17:00 BST on Sunday.

The Environment Agency was called because of roof slates which were thought to contain a low-hazard form of asbestos, the fire service said.

The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental, it added.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites