Plymouth's Boringdon Hall hotel evacuated after fire

Boringdon Hall Hotel The hotel said the fire had not caused any serious damage to the historic building

Guests were evacuated from a 16th Century hotel in Devon when a fire broke out.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said crews used breathing apparatus to tackle the fire in the ground floor laundry room at Boringdon Hall, Plympton.

Forty guests were moved to safety as a precaution, but the fire was quickly contained and no-one was injured.

A hotel spokesperson said no serious damage was caused.

The fire service said the fire started in a gas-powered tumble dryer just before 07:00 GMT.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Devon

Weather

Plymouth

13 °C 8 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.