Woman, 101, rescued from thatched cottage fire in Bow
A 101-year-old woman and her son were rescued unharmed from a thatched cottage after it caught fire in a Devon village.
More than 90 firefighters were involved in the operation to put out the fire in Bow, near Crediton, which began at 1815 GMT on Sunday.
One firefighter was "slightly injured" and taken to hospital, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue service said.
It said the cause of the blaze at the two-storey property was "accidental".
The woman was checked by an ambulance crew at the scene as a precaution, the fire service said.
The age of the woman's son is not known.
Group commander Andy Revesz, from the fire service, said: "The fire included almost the entire roof, and the inside of the property was well alight.
"To make matters worse there was an 11,000-volt cable just near the property.
"Luckily we found the two occupants of the property and they're safe and sound.
"We haven't been able to get into the building to carry out any salvage."