North Wingfield house fire: Walkers raise £5,000 for funerals
More than £5,000 has been raised for funeral costs of four people who died in a house fire in north Derbyshire.
Claire James, 27, Josie Leighton, 32, and her two young sons Tyler, nine, and Jordan, 12, died from smoke inhalation at the house in North Wingfield.
The fire on 20 November had been caused by faulty electrical wiring.
Fundraisers walked 4.5 miles (7km) from Chesterfield to the house on Saturday. Tributes were laid and a one minute silence was held.'Heartbreaking' experience
Petrina Moore, one of the event's organisers, said hundreds of people had turned out for the walk.
"We're all mothers so we understand how heartbreaking it must be to lose your children," she said.
"We thought if we could just take this little bit of weight off the families' shoulders then it's one less thing for them to deal with."
The funerals are set to take place later this week.
Teacher Clare Gaunt, who knew the boys, added: "There are a lot of people out there that absolutely loved that family.
"Jordan and Tyler were absolutely fantastic kids. It is such a tragedy.
"To lose three lives in one family, I don't know how the family are coping."