Man charged with 17 sex offences over 35 years
- 21 July 2014
- From the section Cumbria
A man has been charged with 17 sexual offences, including 11 counts of rape, which are alleged to have been carried out over a 35-year period.
Stephen Taylor, 58, from Leconfield Street, Cleator Moor, has been charged with offences including one count of rape of a girl under the age of 16.
Police said the attacks were alleged to have occurred between 1978 and 2013, with the youngest victim aged 13.
He appeared before West Cumbria magistrates and was released on bail
Mr Taylor will next appear at Carlisle Crown Court on 4 August.
The charges include:
- Ten counts of rape of a woman over the age of 16
- Two counts of indecent assault on a girl under the age of 16
- Two counts of grooming
- One count of rape of a girl under the age of 16
- One count of sexual abuse
- One count of indecency with a girl under fourteen years of age