Cumbria

Baby scalded in Keswick cafe seriously injured

  • 12 June 2014
  • From the section Cumbria

An eight-month old baby has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after being scalded.

He was in a cafe in Keswick, Cumbria, with his parents when it happened.

The boy, from Shrewsbury, had severe chest and stomach injuries but his condition was said to be stable.

He was treated by a North West Ambulance Service paramedic and the Great North Air Ambulance trauma team before being flown to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites