Baby scalded in Keswick cafe seriously injured

An eight-month old baby has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after being scalded.

He was in a cafe in Keswick, Cumbria, with his parents when it happened.

The boy, from Shrewsbury, had severe chest and stomach injuries but his condition was said to be stable.

He was treated by a North West Ambulance Service paramedic and the Great North Air Ambulance trauma team before being flown to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Cumbria

Weather

Carlisle

8 °C 5 °C

Features

  • Elderly manSuicide decline

    The number of old people killing themselves has fallen. Why?


  • Petrol pumpPumping up

    Why are petrol prices rising again?


  • Image of George from Tube CrushTube crush

    How London's male commuters set Chinese hearts racing


  • TricycleTreasure trove

    The lost property shop stuffed with diamonds, bikes... and a leg


  • Boris Nemtsov'I loved Nemtsov'

    A murder in an atmosphere of hatred and intolerance


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.