Jill Stein among Queen's Birthday Honours for Cornwall
- 15 June 2013
- From the section Cornwall
A restaurateur from a famous seafood eatery is among those recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
Jill Stein, who co-owns The Seafood Restaurant in Padstow in Cornwall with TV chef Rick Stein, has been appointed OBE for services to the industry.
Also included are a paramedic for voluntary service to search and rescue training and a mining historian.
Prof John Scott, FBA, from Lostwithiel has been appointed a CBE for services to social science.
MBEs appointed in Cornwall include:
- Dennis Arbon for services to the arts and the community in Cornwall
- John Buckley, who is a mining historian, for services to Cornish heritage and history
- Alan Conquest for voluntary service to the Royal British Legion and the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association
- Paramedic Allan Cottle for 15 years of voluntary assistance training Royal Navy search and rescue crews
- Dr Michael Hersant for services to the community in Penzance
- Michael Pitkeathly for voluntary service to naval heritage
- Keith Stringer, who is manager at Helston fire station, for services to the community and to young people in Cornwall
- Arthur Warren-Nicholls for services to the communities in Lostwithiel, Tywardreath and St Blazey
- Clive Williams, who is manager at St Just fire station, for services to the organisation and the local community