Drug allergy boy's fight for life

Help

An 11-year-old boy was left fighting for his life after suffering an allergic reaction to a common over-the-counter drug.

Calvin Lock, from Littleport in Cambridgeshire, was admitted to a specialist burns unit in September after he was given one of the most popular brands of children's medicine containing ibuprofen.

The allergic reaction was so severe surgeons had to remove skin from 65% of his body.

He is now well on the road to recovery.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.