Bristol

Bristol boy burned while escaping Hanham house fire

  • 8 September 2013
  • From the section Bristol

A boy has suffered burns after a severe house fire in Bristol from which he escaped through an upstairs window.

Fire crews were called to the blaze at the semi-detached house on Wilshire Avenue in Hanham at 06:45 BST.

A neighbour may have helped the boy escape, according to an Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson.

His father and sister were downstairs at the time. They have been given medical treatment for smoke inhalation.

The spokesperson said the fire, which ripped through the ground floor and first floor, was now under investigation.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites