Paramedic saves woman from Kings Heath house fire
- 10 February 2013
- From the section Birmingham & Black Country
A paramedic has rescued an unconscious woman from a fire at her home in Birmingham.
Danielle Prosser was called to the address in Sunderton Road, Kings Heath, at 13:45 GMT on Saturday to a call that had come in as a cardiac arrest.
West Midlands Ambulance Service said she was shocked to find the house was on fire because the smoke and flames were not visible from outside.
She pulled the woman from the building and administered life saving treatment.
The woman, who is in her 50s, suffered serious burns to her body.
Her husband had burns to his hands and was suffering from smoke inhalation.
Both were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
James Williams, from the Ambulance Service said: "We are very proud of Danielle, risking her own life to save others."