Nine charged over Action 4 Employment fraud probe
Nine people have been charged over allegations of fraud at welfare-to-work company Action 4 Employment (A4E).
The Crown Prosecution Service said the charges related to "numerous offences of fraud" between 2009 and 2013.
The company was contracted by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to deliver the "Inspire to Aspire" employment and training scheme.
The six women and three men are due to appear before Slough Magistrates' Court in October.
The nine individuals are charged with a total of 60 offences, including conspiracy to defraud, multiple counts of forgery and making and possessing articles for use in fraud.
A4E's contract with the DWP was to deliver motivation and training and to assist people to find employment.
Under the terms of the deal, the DWP paid out when the scheme successfully found jobs for individuals.
Thames Valley Police began an investigation into the company's Slough branch in May 2011 after the matter was referred to them by the DWP.
- Charles MacDonald, 43, of Derwent Road, Egham, is charged with seven counts of forgery, one count of possessing an article for use in fraud and two counts of making articles for use in fraud.
- Nikki Foster, 30, of High Tree Drive, Reading, is charged with 10 counts of forgery.
- Julie Grimes, 50, of Monks Way, Staines, is charged with 10 counts of forgery.
- Dean Lloyd, 36, of Rochfords, Coffee Hall, Milton Keynes, is charged with 13 counts of forgery.
- Aditi Singh, 30, of Elmshott Lane, Slough, is charged with three counts of forgery and one count of possession of an article for use in fraud.
- Bindya Dholiwar, 27, of Reddington Drive, Slough, is charged with seven counts of forgery.
- Zabar Khalil, 34, of Dolphin Road, Slough, is charged with five counts of forgery and one count of conspiracy to defraud.
- Ines Cano, 37, of Madrid, Spain, is charged with one count of forgery and one count of conspiracy to defraud.
- Yasmin Ahmad, 38, of Colchester Road, Southend on Sea, is charged with two counts of forgery.