Reading road names shortlist published
A shortlist of new road names for Reading has been published.
Among the names are late Reading FC goalkeeper Steve Death, Reading FC chairman Sir John Madejski and the Reading Festival.
BBC Radio Berkshire presenters Andrew Peach and Phil Kennedy are also on the list to be approved by the council.
The council said the names should "reflect the culture or history of the town or honour a personality with a close link to Reading".
Reading borough council received 49 suggestions and has recommended 27 for approval at a Planning Application Committee meeting on Thursday.
Other names include:
- Andy Alleyne - Reading FC's first black player
- Limerick - to celebrate Reading's Irish community
- Matrix - the former Reading nightclub
- Private Fred Potts - the only Reading man to win a Victoria Cross medal
- Oscar Wilde - Poet and author incarcerated at Reading Gaol
- Per Jonsson - Reading speedway team and world champion