St Albans' schoolgirl injured as chemicals explode in face
A sixth form science student from a Hertfordshire school was taken to hospital after chemicals exploded in her face during an experiment.
The girl, who was in a science lesson at Sandringham School in St Albans, suffered serious burns, the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed.
Paramedics were called to the school just before 10:25 BST and the girl was taken for specialist burns treatment at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
Her current condition is not known.