'Poisonous gas' warning over Newport Pagnell warehouse fireContinue reading the main story
People living near a warehouse fire in Newport Pagnell have been told to stay indoors because of the risk from "poisonous gases".
About 60 firefighters were called to the Liebherr Refrigeration premises at Renny Park Road, close to junction 14 of the M1, at lunchtime.
All the 20 people inside the building were accounted for and were unharmed.
Roads nearby were closed to traffic and cordons put in place as fire crews expect to be on site through the night.
Ian Wilson, from Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: "The advice to people in Newport Pagnell and to the north and north east of Milton Keynes is to stay indoors and keep your doors and windows closed.
"The factory contains lots of fridges and all the associated man-made products which are on fire - poisonous gases basically."
Mick Osborne, Buckinghamshire Fire Service's incident commander, said: "Obviously, there is severe damage to the building, but we don't know the full extent until we can get in there when conditions permit and take advice from structural engineers.
"We will be here long into the night."