Two leap from 'intense' Milton Keynes house fire
- 11 December 2013
- From the section Beds, Herts & Bucks
A man and a woman leapt to safety from the first floor of their burning home in Milton Keynes.
Firefighters described the blaze at the mid-terrace property in Daniels Welch, as "intense".
Another woman was rescued from a first-floor window suffering from the effects of smoke but no-one was seriously injured.
Crews were called shortly before 04:30 GMT on Wednesday. The cause is thought to have been electrical.
Buckinghamshire Fire Service said it was "an intense fire which burnt away the stairs".
It said an investigation was taking place but preliminary findings suggest the "most likely cause was electrical".