Milton Keynes murder probe fire death 'accidental'
- 13 November 2013
- From the section Beds, Herts & Bucks
A woman whose death in a house fire was investigated as a suspected murder was a heavy smoker and "intoxicated", an inquest heard.
Dr Kathlyn Henderson, 57, was found dead in the sitting room of her home in St Leger Court, Great Linford, Milton Keynes, on 19 May.
A 58-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder was released from bail a few days after the blaze.
Coroner Thomas Osborne recorded a verdict of accidental death on Tuesday.
The court at Crownhill Crematorium was told how the victim, who had been a university lecturer in English literature, had problems with alcohol.
It also heard there had been two previous fires at the property.
Mr Osborne said the cause of death was due to "inhalation of fire fumes and probable burns whilst alcohol intoxicated and in a state of alcoholic ketoacidosis."