Harry Mould died 'days after Leicester hospital admission'
A five-year-old Buckinghamshire boy died in a second hospital days after being admitted with breathing difficulties, an inquest heard.
Harry Mould, from Greenleys, was admitted to Milton Keynes Hospital in March 2009.
Harry, who had asthma, was transferred to Leicester Royal Infirmary the next day, where he died four days later.
The inquest, originally opened in April 2009, had previously been adjourned twice.
The new inquest opened on Monday.
Pathologist Dr David O'Neil told the hearing Harry had died from lower respiratory infection.'Unusual features'
The pathologist said the five-year-old had been transferred from Milton Keynes Hospital for specialist treatment at Leicester Royal Infirmary after his condition deteriorated.
Dr O'Neil told the court the youngster had suffered a brain injury, but it was difficult to say at what point during his treatment it had happened.
This could have caused Harry to not respond to treatment as well as he should, he said.
A number of "unusual features" had also been noted during the post-mortem tests, Dr O'Neil added.
The inquest, at Leicester Town Hall, continues.