Sylvester Koroma murder: Detectives make further arrests
Detectives investigating the murder of a Leicester man outside a Birmingham nightclub, have arrested three more people in connection with the shooting.
Police said they are determined to bring Sylvester Koroma's killers to justice despite a lack of co-operation from potential witnesses.
A total of seven people are being held in the inquiry, with two men and a woman detained this week.
All of the people arrested are from Leicester, police said.Motive unclear
Mr Koroma was shot in the stomach outside Rainbow Warehouse on 10 August and died in hospital on 18 August.
Det Ch Insp Sab Johal, from West Midlands Police, said: "I am disappointed by the lack of co-operation from people, who were at the Rainbow Warehouse that night in coming forward to give us information, but despite this, the investigation is ongoing and we remain dedicated to tracing those responsible.
"The motive for the shooting remains unclear but we believe this was a targeted attack."
Mr Koroma's family said: "He was a very happy person, who always lit the room up with his smile."
To date, West Midlands Police have arrested seven people in connection with the murder.
- On 11 August, two men aged 34 and 29, were arrested and remain on police bail
- A 25-year-old man was arrested on 15 August and remains on police bail
- A 24-year-old woman was arrested on 15 August and re-arrested earlier on suspicion of assisting an offender
- Two men aged 23 and 24 were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on 2 September and are on police bail
- A 24-year-old woman was arrested earlier on suspicion of assisting an offender