Manchester police deaths: No further action over teenager
- 29 September 2012
- From the section Manchester
No further action will be taken against a teenage boy arrested over the deaths of two police officers who were shot in Greater Manchester, police have said.
The 15-year-old was held on suspicion of assisting an offender after PC Fiona Bone and PC Nicola Hughes were killed in Mottram on September 18.
The boy was arrested and bailed last week.
Dale Cregan, 29, has been charged with the officers' murders, along with those of two other men.
Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood said: "We remain committed to fully investigating the circumstances surrounding the murders of PC Fiona Bone and PC Nicola Hughes.
"As we have said previously, this remains a complex and sensitive investigation and we continue to ask the public to search their conscience and urge anyone who has any information to contact us."
The funerals for the two officers will take place next week.