Spar issues Midlands and Wales chicken product recall
Supermarket chain Spar has recalled a batch of its Flame Grilled Chicken Chunks after listeria bacteria was found in the food.
The product has been distributed in the Midlands and Wales but Spar was unable to give any more specific details.
Listeria monocytogenes, which cause flu-like symptoms, have affected 140g packs with use-by date 3 March 2012.
Spar said: "Consumers who have bought the affected product should not consume it and return it to Spar for a refund."
The "low-level" of the bacteria was found during routine testing, the company said.
The Food Standards Agency said there had been no reported cases of sickness yet but the product should be returned.
Listeriosis is a foodborne illness caused by listeria which causes flu-like symptoms or vomiting and diarrhoea.
The NHS advises that symptoms usually pass within three days without the need for treatment but anyone with concerns should seek medical help.