Efforts under way to get wounded photographer out of Syria
Diplomatic efforts are under way to get wounded Devon-based photographer Paul Conroy out of Syria, the Foreign Office has said.
Mr Conroy, 47, was injured in an attack on a media centre in Homs that left two reporters and another photographer dead.
His family said he had suffered shrapnel injuries to his left leg.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) said "all necessary work is being done to get Paul Conroy out of Homs".
Earlier reports suggested that Mr Conroy had already left Syria, but the Foreign Office said efforts to help him were still continuing.'Remarkable man'
Mr Conroy, from Totnes, was working for the Sunday Times and was with correspondent Marie Colvin when she was killed in the attack.
Remi Ochlik, a French photographer, was also killed when a shell hit the makeshift centre in the Baba Amr area.
In amateur video posted on YouTube on Thursday, Mr Conroy confirmed the date as 23 February 2012 and said he suffered three injuries to his leg and was being looked after by Free Syrian Army medical staff.
He said he was "here as a guest and not captured".
He added that he wanted to "reassure family and friends in England that I am absolutely OK".
FCO Director Sir Geoffrey Adams said: "The Foreign Office expected Syrian authorities to facilitate immediate arrangements for the repatriation of the journalists bodies and for medical treatment of the British journalist Paul Conroy injured in the same attack."
The FCO added that it was working to ensure Mr Conroy "gets out safely".
It said: "The British ambassador in Damascus is also pressing the Syrian Ministry for Foreign Affairs for assistance to enable Paul Conroy to leave Homs and for Marie's body to be returned to her family."
Mr Conroy is a freelance cameraman and stills photographer who has worked for the BBC and Channel 4.
He has been shortlisted for several awards.
His local MP, Totnes Conservative Dr Sarah Wollaston, said he was a "remarkable man".
She said: "To document the horrors of this [Syrian] regime, and to do so at a time when we know that journalists have been being deliberately targeted, is a remarkable act of bravery."