Media playback is unsupported on your device

Death of UK teen Abdullah Deghayes in Syria 'sad news' - Hague

18 April 2014 Last updated at 17:17 BST

The Foreign Secretary, William Hague, has described the death of an 18-year-old British man in Syria as "sad news".

Sussex Police said they received information on Monday that Abdullah Deghayes, from Brighton, had been killed "in recent weeks".

His father, Abubaker Deghayes, said his son had gone to Syria to fight "against the dictator" and was not a terrorist.

Mr Hague urged British citizens not to travel to the country, saying, "the dangers there are extreme".

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.