Media playback is unsupported on your device

Barmaid hit by exploding e-cigarette

9 April 2014 Last updated at 13:43 BST

A barmaid escaped with minor injuries after she was hit by an exploding e-cigarette which had been left plugged into a charger behind the bar of a North Yorkshire pub.

Laura Baty, 18, was shocked when she was hit by the device at the Buck Inn Hotel, in Richmond.

Sean Fearon of West Yorkshire fire service and Kevin Ronan of South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue both warned that lesser known brand e-cigarette are a potential fire hazard.

Katy Bradbrook reports

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.