Woman recovers £18k diamond eaten by dog
8 January 2014 Last updated at 15:40 GMT
An Exmouth woman has recovered the diamond from her £18,000 ring after it was swallowed by a police training dog.
Angie Collins, 51, had to sift through two days-worth of dog waste before the finding the gem on Christmas Day.
The German Shepherd, called Jack, swallowed the diamond after chewing the ring - which belonged to Mrs Collins' late mother.
Mrs Collins, a police dog trainer, told BBC Radio 5 live's Drive: "It was absolutely fantastic as I'd actually given up all hope of finding it.... It makes it even more precious to me now."