Dave Lee Travis in court on two new sex charges
- 3 October 2013
- From the section UK
Former Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis has appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court to face two further sexual offence charges.
Mr Travis, 68, of Mentmore, Bucks, is alleged to have indecently assaulted a woman aged over 16 between 1 January 1992 and 31 December 1993.
These are in addition to 12 counts he already faces.
Mr Travis, who has indicated he will contest all charges, spoke to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
He previously appeared in court to face 12 charges, which are said to have taken place between 1977 and 2007 against nine alleged victims aged between 15 and 29.
Leaving the court in central London, Mr Travis, whose real name is David Patrick Griffin, did not make any comment to reporters.
Released on bail
Mr Travis was first arrested in November 2012 and charged on 15 August as part of Operation Yewtree, the police investigation which followed the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal, but the accusations against him are not connected with the disgraced ex-DJ and TV presenter.
He was charged with the two fresh counts on 1 October.
Mr Travis was released on bail following an appearance at the Old Bailey on 6 September on condition that he lives at his Buckinghamshire home and does not contact the alleged victims.
Mr Justice Sweeney adjourned the case for a plea and case management hearing on 21 October and fixed a trial date for 4 March 2014.
Mr Travis faces the following counts:
- Two offences of indecent assault on a woman aged 16 or over between 1 January 1992 and the end of December 1993
- One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman aged 18 in 1977
- Two offences of indecent assault relating to a girl aged 15 in 1977
- One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman aged 19 in 1978
- One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman aged between 26 and 28 on a date between 1981 and 1983
- One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman aged 18 in 1983
- One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman aged between 19 and 20 on a date in 1985
- One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman aged 22 in 1990
- Three offences of indecent assault relating to a woman aged between 26 and 29 from 2000 to 2003
- One offence of sexual assault relating to a woman aged 23 in 2007