Media playback is unsupported on your device

Deadly mushrooms: What you need to know

10 May 2013 Last updated at 09:44 BST

A coroner has issued a warning after a woman died from eating one of the world's most deadly mushrooms, picked from her Somerset garden.

Christina Hale, 57, had gathered the fungi to improve a tin of soup, unaware that eating just half of one could be fatal.

The mother-of-four died of multiple organ failure. Her husband, who only had one bowl, survived.

The west Somerset coroner described the case as "very tragic", as he warned of the dangers of picking wild mushrooms.

Chef Mark Lloyd explains how to forage for mushrooms safely.