Kitten in Sheffield eats 15cm TV aerial and survives

Help

A kitten had a lucky escape after he swallowed a 15cm TV aerial and survived.

Alphie required emergency surgery when the metal antenna became lodged in his oesophagus and stomach.

Owner Vanessa Waite, 36, of Parson Cross, Sheffield, had only owned the young tabby for a few days when he managed to eat the rod.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.