Liquid nitrogen cocktail leaves teen in hospital


An 18-year-old teenager has had to have her stomach removed in an emergency operation after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.

Gabby Scanlan from Lancaster was out celebrating her birthday when she fell ill.

The bar which sold the cocktail has said it has now stopped using liquid nitrogen, which creates a smoky, dry ice effect.

Danny Savage reports.

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.