Produced by John Walton, Marina Shchukina, Laurian Gridinoc and Harjit Kaura
Census 2011: 1.5m have second addresses
There are more than one and a half million people with second addresses in England and Wales, according to new figures released by the Office for National Statistics.
Cornwall has the largest number of second addresses at 23,000. Many of those with second addresses are students, or children whose parents have separated.
Of those with second addresses, 12% said they were for work and 11% said they were for holidays.
The data records people who spent more than 30 days a year at a second address and is the latest release of information from last year's census. Figures for Scotland and Northern Ireland have not yet been released.
To find information on your area, enter your postcode in the box below.
Where are they? Number of second addresses used by people from outside the local authority
Who has them? People with a second address outside their local authority (%)
Features & Analysis
- N Korea: Leader's uncle executed
- Sex and racism in Obama photo stir
- US captive in Iran said to be CIA
- James Bond is an 'impotent drunk'
- In pictures: Purge of Chang Song-thaek
- German 'porn users' told to pay up
- Jupiter moon spouts water into space
- Former Icelandic bank bosses jailed
- US woman guilty in cliff push death
- French cafe 'rude tax' causes a stir
Elsewhere on the BBC
Spanish fashion designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada on her artistic flair and life after Franco
American Hustle features sex and scandal in the 1970s and stars Amy Adams and Christian Bale