Newspaper industry representatives reject cross-party plans for press regulation, and publish their own alternative royal charter.
What is in the agreement for press regulation, and what is behind it?
Features and analysis
Key stories since inquiry concluded
What was it all about and who gave evidence?
How does media co-regulation work in Denmark?
Viewpoints from inquiry participants
Who said what about the takeover attempt
Newspaper editors reveal their stance on ethics and regulation
What do newspapers want to see?
Ten key moments of the media ethics inquiry
How many times did people say 'I don't recall'
- Hacked Off: 'Artfully crafted' deal01:02
- Leaders claim victory in Leveson deal01:50
- Leveson calls for new regulatory body03:48
- Clegg at odds with PM over Leveson02:10
- The Leveson report: Statement in full22:30
- Hacking victims: 'We want action'00:48
- What is the point of the Inquiry?04:51
- Hugh Grant: What I want from Leveson03:07
- 'I never asked a leader for anything'01:00
- 'Murdoch wanted Europe change'03:01
- Dowlers' despair over voicemail hack01:56
- McCanns 'violated' by diary publication04:01
- PM signed Brooks messages 'LOL'04:13
- 'I sat at the children's end of dinner table'00:41
- 'Horrific' story on father's affair 02:25
- How Mail Online got Knox verdict wrong02:49
- 'It was my decision to employ Coulson'02:17
- Murdoch quizzed over Hunt emails01:39
- Dacre denies Grant hacking claim02:12
- Mirror 'possibly' hacked Sven scoop02:10
- Mills denies voicemail access claim02:03
- Sun editor defends Page Three02:43
- Hislop defends journalism at inquiry03:22
- PCC 'hated our guts' - Richard Desmond01:28
The Leveson Inquiry
What is it?
The government ordered the inquiry into press standards after it emerged that the News of the World hacked the phone of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler. Read more
Lord Justice Leveson was asked to look into the culture, practice and ethics of the press. His report has recommended changes to how to regulate the press in the future. Read more
Accessing private voicemail messages on a person's mobile from another phone. Read more
Where a journalist or private investigator poses as someone else to obtain personal information without consent. Read more
How police and security services pinpoint a phone by monitoring which signal masts it is using and triangulating its location. Read more